Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Landing, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets instead of install new models?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a good way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple project to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the trouble of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get high-quality results when you allow a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets come out as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What are the distinctions of cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are significant differences between the two and handymen will need to know which service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and delivers a certain result in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times can cabinets be refinished
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process must be followed up depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to purchasing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Landing, New Jersey have detailed paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
One Platform for All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Landing, New Jersey With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many homeowners in Landing, New Jersey have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Landing, New Jersey confidently.