Find a pro in Leonardo, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Leonardo, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Leonardo, New Jersey. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Leonardo, New Jersey. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.