Find a Cabinet Painter in Long Branch, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // New Jersey // Long Branch
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there a difference between cabinet paint and regular paint?
A frequently asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint typically used for interior walls will encounter some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them that elegant look. Common wall paints might not stick properly to cabinets and can start chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint contractors utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates longer time to dry and cure than those usually used on walls.
Which qualities should I search for in a reliable cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to discover the best one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of work. A good place to begin is by knowing precisely what look you're trying to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their past work matching your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Check that any painter you hire gives documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur after the project begins that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by checking any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets before sanding?
It's always enticing to immediately start painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it alone, but an expert will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grime are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its components, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to those edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
Will it be expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Long Branch, New Jersey, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could charge you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The painter will need to recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Find a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Long Branch, New Jersey to Bring Your Vision to Life
An exceptional way to boost the appeal of your house and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will match your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter near Long Branch, New Jersey varies, but some homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects like the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the environment when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process of wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your current cabinets may be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
While searching for the perfect cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be happy to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is finished. Find all important information needed to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Long Branch, New Jersey confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.