Find a pro in Lumberton, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Lumberton, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Lumberton, New Jersey. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.