Find a Pro in Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are critical when choosing the exterior paint color for your home?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's fairly inexpensive to improve the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and experienced painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when picking a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should complement the general design you're going for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish hues that have the ability to give you a contented feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For a touch of color that's distinctive from the rest, oranges and yellows are bright enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more cozy and content.
Why should you engage the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically offer you a better outcome than you could attain on your own. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you have the tools and experience to execute the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painting contractor to perform the job as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should a painter to carry it out. With their superior approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
What steps should be followed to ready a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers the best results when it's done with close attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the skills, tools, and methods to perform the job with exceptional craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to adhere and look great for many years. These are some of the steps you should take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a spotless area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to wash it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair damage on exterior of your home so that you can work on a smooth finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it for a smooth varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stay.
What's the typical budget for exterior residential painting?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can equate to higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and provide you with a free, upfront estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Find and Hire Exterior Home Painting Services Near Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Begin browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the skills and knowledge to deliver excellent services. You can improve your home's design with a fresh pop of color that provides a durable barrier preventing damage simultaneously. By hiring a painter to carry out the job, you're ensuring it'll meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can quickly look for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can take a look at previous exterior painting jobs to gain a better idea of their degree of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you download our no-charge app. It's convenient and hassle-free to use for anyone to choose the best professional for the job in their area. In addition, you can direct message professionals, ask for a quote, and schedule an appointment all in one place.
Go over the details of the job with an exterior painter who can provide you with helpful tips and help you brainstorm a beautiful color arrangement. Having a freshly painted house can increase your property value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what the right color, sheen, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from many local professionals prepared to start the project and deliver exceptional craftsmanship. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our home management platform and contacting an experienced exterior painter to handle every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.