Find a Pro in Manville, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you select?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's fairly affordable to boost how your home looks with help from a knowledgeable and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when picking a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you select should go with the overall aesthetic you're going for and the mood you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish tones that have the propensity to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, yellows and oranges are bold enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more comfortable and comfortable.
How can hiring an exterior painting contractor improve your project?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will usually offer you a high-quality outcome than you could bring about on your own. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and experience to execute the project to industry standards. Instead of covering up mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to a painter to carry it out. With their superior practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or offering subpar results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it is carried out with careful attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the knowledge, tools, and methods to perform the project with outstanding workmanship. Superb workmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to adhere and look amazing for many years. These are some of the steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a clear area to start working on, so using pressure washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can take care of irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work on a smooth finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint it with a streamlined finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to adhere.
What is the price associated with painting the exterior of a residential property?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level property can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a worthwhile project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can add to the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can mean high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can assess the project and provide you with a free, upfront quote for the price you can expect to pay.
Compare and Hire Exterior House Painting Companies Near Manville, NJ
Begin your search for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Manville, NJ. If your property needs some new paint, you can find a professional with the training and background to provide high-quality services. You can improve your home's aesthetic with new paint that also provides a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture. By seeking out a painter to handle the project, you're ensuring it'll meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management app, you can efficiently search for contractors, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can see previous exterior painting projects to gain a good idea of what they can offer. Search through professional profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you use our no-cost platform. It's streamlined and simple to use for anyone to pick the best candidates for the project in their area. You can even direct message professionals, ask for an estimate, and schedule an appointment all in one place.
Go over the details of the job with an exterior painting contractor who can deliver helpful suggestions and help you decide on a beautiful color scheme. Having a newly painted house can increase your property value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from many local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out outstanding craftsmanship. Get outstanding results by using our app and get in touch with an experienced exterior painting contractor to take care of every step in the process with careful attention to detail.