Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Milford, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How regularly should cabinets be refinished
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a smart investment for the look of my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
People of Milford, NJ have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
What certifications or qualifications will a cabinet refinishing professional likely possess?
Though there may not be industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are certain qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will mention any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially featuring results that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors can highlight their experience and reputation with online client feedback.
A dependable professional will supply a clear written estimate of the job before it commences, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to possess good communication skills and be able to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and craftsmanship during the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
How do experts refinish cabinets?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing job will adhere to an established process for speed and proven results. There are generally several steps used to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, including:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets are first evaluated to make sure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If so, all hardware will be disassembled, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some minor issues, such as cracks, dents, or similar imperfections in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to achieve the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing phase will be crucial to imparting a high-quality outcome, and may require a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, all hardware can be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will guarantee the final results meets your expectations, which includes a final cleanup of the complete work area.
It's important to keep in mind that every refinishing project can vary based on aspects like the type of cabinets and the desired finish. Also, professionals may perform detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic results, which could require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to communicate clearly with anyone you hire to guarantee they can bring your vision to life.
Hire a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Milford, NJ
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several homeowners in Milford, NJ have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Milford, NJ confidently.