Find a pro in Minotola, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Minotola, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Minotola, New Jersey. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.