Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // New Jersey // Morris Plains
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing compared to hanging new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a smart practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple technique to change their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of refacing cabinets - is this the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and gives a distinctive result in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times can cabinets be refinished
One of the best advantages with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as an alternative to installing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Morris Plains, NJ have detailed spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
One Site With All The Information You Need To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Morris Plains, NJ With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Morris Plains, NJ have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Morris Plains, NJ confidently.