Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Mount Arlington, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few benefits of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy way to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you allow a competent contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Where do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and imparts a certain result in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years can refinished cabinets retain their new look
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be repeated depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Mount Arlington, New Jersey have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Hire a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Mount Arlington, New Jersey
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many homeowners in Mount Arlington, New Jersey have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Mount Arlington, New Jersey confidently.