Find a Cabinet Painter in New Brunswick, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // New Jersey // New Brunswick
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Which kind of paint is used for cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will encounter many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their sophisticated aesthetic. Typical wall paints may not adhere properly to cabinets or begin to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint contractors choose for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires longer drying and curing times than those usually applied to walls.
How can I pick the right cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to discover the perfect one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of consideration. The best place to start is by knowing precisely what style you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view a sample of their prior work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Dependable contractors will be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any contractor you hire provides documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project begins that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reliability by assessing their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and within budget.
Is the tedious prep stage necessary before painting my cabinets?
It's may be tempting to quickly begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming project when attempting it on your own, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grease are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and its hardware, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those places that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than expected.
What factors are considered when it comes to establishing cost for painting cabinets?
There are several factors that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around New Brunswick, NJ, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters could bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project finished.
You'll need to talk about your home's unique cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Hire a Cabinet Painter Near New Brunswick, NJ Who Can Bring Your Vision to Reality
An exceptional way to increase the appeal of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and give them a new look that will match your current style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor near New Brunswick, NJ fluctuates, but many customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets could be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When searching for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be willing to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all important information needed to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in New Brunswick, NJ easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.