Find a Pro in Oakhurst, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // New Jersey // Oakhurst
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you select?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's fairly inexpensive to boost the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when deciding on a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should flow with the overall aesthetic you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish hues that have the propensity to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For a touch of color that sticks out from the others, oranges and yellows are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more cozy and content.
How can hiring an exterior painting contractor improve your project?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a better result than you could bring about on your own. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and experience to execute the project to industry standards. Instead of attempting to repair flaws, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting contractor to perform the project as efficiently as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should a painter to do it all. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or providing subpar results.
What measures are involved in getting a residential property ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers excellent results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and adhering to high-quality standards. Professional painters are prepared with the knowledge, tools, and methods to do the project with excellent craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that help the paint adhere and look beautiful for many years. These are some of the steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime gives you a spotless area to work with, so using power washing equipment is a great way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work with a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a smooth varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint adhere.
What's the price of painting a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthwhile project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Another factor that can contribute to the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can equal high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and give you a free estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Contractors in Oakhurst, New Jersey
Start your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Oakhurst, New Jersey. If your home needs some new paint, you can recruit a contractor with the qualifications and background to offer excellent services. You can improve your home's curb appeal with a fresh pop of color that also offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements. By hiring a professional to carry out the project, you're ensuring the work will meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management app, you can quickly search for painters, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting jobs to gain a solid idea of their degree of expertise. Browsing through candidate profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you download our free app. It's convenient and easy to use for homeowners to find the most suitable professional for the project near them. In addition, you can direct message professionals, ask for an estimate, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Discuss the details of the job with an exterior painter who can offer you beneficial suggestions and help you decide on an elegant color scheme. Having a freshly painted house can boost your property value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from several local professionals prepared to roll up their sleeves and deliver excellent craftsmanship. Get an excellent finished product by using our home management platform and get in touch with a knowledgeable professional to take care of the whole process with careful attention to detail.