Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Old Bridge, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some perks of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a great way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and hassle-free way to update their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent results when you allow a vetted contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets appear as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and handymen will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and imparts a certain result in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently will cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great things with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be repeated depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why can cabinet refinishing be the most suitable option for my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already work perfectly with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Old Bridge, NJ have detailed paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
One Platform With All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Old Bridge, NJ Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several homeowners in Old Bridge, NJ have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Old Bridge, NJ with confidence.