Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Orange, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How often should cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the great advantages about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Orange, NJ have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
What certifications or qualifications will a cabinet refinishing contractor typically have?
Though there aren't industry-standard licenses specifically for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are important qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially featuring finished projects that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Besides a picture gallery, most professional contractors can showcase their experience and reputation with online client reviews.
A reputable professional can provide a detailed written estimate of the job before it commences, listing the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should have adequate communication skills and a readiness to address all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. It would be wise to also inquire for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How will professionals conduct cabinet refinishing?
A professional taking care of your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for speed and excellent results. There are generally several steps taken to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, including:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets should be first evaluated to ensure they are in good enough condition to be refinished. If they are, all gear will be disassembled, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some minor issues, like scratches, dents, and other blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled to better blend in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in smooth, even coats to get the look you're looking for. The drying and curing step is crucial to ensuring a high-quality result, and may require several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once your paint or stain has dried, all parts can be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will make sure the finished results satisfies your expectations, which includes a final cleanup of the complete work area.
It's useful to keep in mind that any refinishing project may vary depending on things such as the type of cabinets and the chosen finish. Furthermore, professionals may employ detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic effects, which could require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to speak directly with anyone you hire to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
One Place for All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Orange, NJ Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several homeowners in Orange, NJ have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Orange, NJ confidently.