Find a pro in Palmyra, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Palmyra, NJ. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Palmyra, NJ
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Palmyra, NJ. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.