Find a pro in Parsippany, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // New Jersey // Parsippany
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Parsippany, NJ
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Parsippany, NJ. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.