Find a Pro in Princeton, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // New Jersey // Princeton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you choose?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's relatively affordable to improve the appearance of your home with assistance from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when picking a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should flow with the overarching look you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are elegant tones that have the propensity to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For a pop of color that's distinctive from the others, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a property feel more comfortable and content.
What advantages come with the decision to recruit a contractor for exterior painting?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will typically provide you with a superior outcome than you could bring about on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you have the tools and knowledge to execute the job to industry standards. Instead of covering up errors, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting professional to perform the job as skillfully as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From power washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you should a painter to execute it. With their superior approach and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or providing less-than-satisfactory results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it is completed with close attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the skills, tools, and methods to conduct the job with exceptional workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to stay and look great for a long time. Get ready for an exterior painting job by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a clear area to work with, so using power washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can fix damage on exterior siding so that you can work with a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint it with a streamlined finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stick.
What is the usual budget for painting a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story property can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a worthwhile investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can add to the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can result in higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and provide you with a free quote for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Compare Exterior Painting Services Near Princeton, NJ
Start browsing for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Princeton, NJ. If your property needs a fresh coat of paint, you can hire a professional with the training and knowledge to deliver excellent services. You can upgrade your property's curb appeal with new paint that provides a durable barrier preventing damage at the same time. By recruiting a contractor to take care of the job, you're ensuring it will meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can quickly search for painters, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out previous exterior painting jobs to get a better idea of their level of expertise. Browsing through contractor profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you use our no-cost app. It's convenient and easy to use for anyone to select the most qualified candidates for the job near them. Additionally, you can send direct messages, receive an estimate, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painting professional who can deliver helpful suggestions and help you decide on an attractive color arrangement. Having a newly painted house can increase your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good color, sheen, and application can do to breathe some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from many local contractors prepared to begin the project and deliver exceptional work. Get an outstanding finished product by downloading our app and contacting a skilled professional to handle every step in the process with careful attention to detail.