Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Rahway, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some advantages of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that many people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple technique to update their look versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get professional results when you allow a qualified contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what aspects do cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the existing doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and delivers a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times can cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best benefits with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be done again depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable way to boost its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People of Rahway, NJ have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
Discover The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Rahway, NJ
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many people in Rahway, NJ have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Rahway, NJ with confidence.