Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Rancocas, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why can cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a smart way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the style of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy way to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect high-quality results when you hire a competent contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what ways do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are considerable differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and gives a distinctive result in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years will refinished cabinets survive
One of the best things about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Rancocas, New Jersey have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
One Site Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Rancocas, New Jersey Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several homeowners in Rancocas, New Jersey have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Rancocas, New Jersey with confidence.