Find a Pro in Ridgewood, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some services I can expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to identify the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your vetted professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and can handle this prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your service may then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Most painters are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average per hour price for painters?
The average painting contractor's price on services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, not counting taxes or product included.
Take into account that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor per hour. Accordingly, it does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Is paying for interior painting a smart decision?
The short answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Home: A great paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that really pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you have not painted your house in the past few years or have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you go with, a fresh paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted protects your house now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with components which easily retain moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health risks. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints now are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best option for your property. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: All houses have flaws and blemishes. Walls often contain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over time. Getting your home's interior painted hides most cosmetic issues and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When is the least active season for painters?
A major benefit to scheduling within the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painters have the availability.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Dependable Residential Painters Serving Near Ridgewood, New Jersey
When you're searching for a good residential painter near Ridgewood, New Jersey, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home works to enhance your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also gives plenty of practical benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a range of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your property inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly tool that collects all the important information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Ridgewood, New Jersey and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality services you deserve.