Find a pro in Rio Grande, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Rio Grande, NJ
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Rio Grande, NJ, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.