Find a Cabinet Painter in Roselle Park, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // New Jersey // Roselle Park
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Does it matter what type of paint I use for my cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint generally used for home walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them that sleek appearance. Common wall paints might not stick sufficiently to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
How will I know I've found the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the perfect one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. The first place to focus on is by understanding precisely what look you're trying to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view samples of their prior work matching what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Professional contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate widely. Make sure that any painter you hire gives documentation of all material and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur after the project has started that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's reliability by checking their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients available online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is the challenging prep step a necessity when painting all cabinets?
It's may be enticing to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt or grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their gear, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also reach those places that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only chip off and require repainting sooner than expected.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many things that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Roselle Park, NJ, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's advised to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters might bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The painter will need to recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job finished.
You'll need to discuss your home's particular cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Refresh Your Cabinets for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Roselle Park, NJ
A quick way to enhance the appeal of your home and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and deliver an updated look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter in Roselle Park, NJ varies, but some customers have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your present cabinets might be in good enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While searching for the best cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be willing to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Find all the information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Roselle Park, NJ confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.