Find a pro in Succasunna, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Succasunna, New Jersey
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Succasunna, New Jersey. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.