Find a Pro in Summit, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // New Jersey // Summit
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services I should expect my residential painting contractor to offer?
Examples of the services an expert painter typically conducts include:
- Select Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and can handle the prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be addressed before the project can start, of course. Your service may then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring a vetted painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What do professional painters charge per hour?
Typically, a painting contractor's price on labor varies from $22 to $43 per hour, and that doesn't include materials or tax.
Bear in mind that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. For that reason, that price does not include the addition of insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself.
Is interior painting a good idea?
The short answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Home: A professional paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that really pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you haven't painted your house in the past few years and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what color scheme you choose, the right paint color will help you feel differently — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted secures your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with components which naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint is designed to keep moisture from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints now are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best choice for your interior. A fresh application of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: All homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show dents, dings, and markings from the use of your house over the years. Having your house's interior painted hides all cosmetic issues and will make your home look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior will also modernize your residence.
When do painters see the slowest business season?
A major benefit about booking within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
Therefore, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Hire a Qualified House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces Near Near Summit, NJ
When you're looking for a dependable house painter in Summit, NJ, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house can improve your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent recommendations about different paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also features many useful advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that compiles all the relevant information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Summit, NJ and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.