Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Ventnor City, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing rather than installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that plenty of homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a smart way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and stress-free technique to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the current doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and offers a certain outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets be refinished
One of the great advantages with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process must be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How can I determine if cabinet refinishing is the right idea to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Ventnor City, New Jersey have detailed spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Ventnor City, New Jersey
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several homeowners in Ventnor City, New Jersey have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Ventnor City, New Jersey confidently.