Find a pro in Waldwick, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Waldwick, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Waldwick, New Jersey. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Waldwick, New Jersey. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.