Find a pro in West Creek, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in West Creek, New Jersey. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // New Jersey // West Creek
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near West Creek, New Jersey
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in West Creek, New Jersey. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.