Find a pro in West Milford, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in West Milford, New Jersey. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near West Milford, New Jersey
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in West Milford, New Jersey, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in West Milford, New Jersey. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.