Find a pro in Woodbury, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Woodbury, NJ
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Woodbury, NJ, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.