Find a pro in Crescent Valley, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Nevada // Crescent Valley
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Crescent Valley, Nevada
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Crescent Valley, Nevada. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.