Find a pro in Elko, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Elko, NV
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Elko, NV. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Elko, NV. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.