Find Deck Staining in Ely, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Deck Staining Professionals nearDeck Staining // Nevada // Ely
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DECK STAINING
Should I stain or paint my deck?
Deck staining and painting offer unique benefits, so it's important to analyze which option best meets your requirements when deciding between them. The two biggest benefits of painting are the extensive selection of colors and enhanced surface preservation. However, paint also requires extensive upkeep because of peeling and fading relatively fast. On the other hand, stain will not peel once properly dried, requires less effort to maintain, and has more benefits, such as:
- Soaks Into the Wood - Unlike paint, which merely sits on the surface, stains soak into the wood, providing better defense against water, the sun, and other destructive threats.
- Special Additives - Many stains have additives that increase durability, specifically pigments that block UV rays, chemicals that seal against rot, and insecticides that stop bugs from infesting the wood.
Discuss the advantages of deck staining and painting with the experts listed on Thumbtack to decide which option will be right for you and your home.
Why do so many homeowners say deck staining is a wise investment?
Staining a deck offers several advantages, such as enhancing its style, prolonging its lifespan, and increasing its structural integrity. Similar to paint, stains are available in a variety of hues and opacities that will help revitalize the look of your house and yard. You're not limiting yourself by choosing deck staining over painting, as you still have several options to complement your home or create a look that stands apart.
The security that stain provides your deck will be well worth the price of enlisting a professional to deliver excellent results. The weather in Ely, NV poses the biggest threat to your deck, and no matter how strong the kind of wood it's made with, a proper coat of stain will help keep out water and UV rays that will degrade it over time. Some other advantages of deck staining include stopping pests and mold from destroying the wood and easy maintenance. Discover a professional listed on Thumbtack to stain your deck correctly and get more from your investment by prolonging its lifespan.
How long might it take a professional to complete my deck staining project?
Staining a deck is a multipart process that requires careful preparation and application to achieve the desired results:
- Prep - The deck surface has to be scrubbed of dust and debris with wood cleaners or a power washer to ensure the stain adheres properly. Surfaces should be sanded or repaired of any damage to provide a consistent application of the stain. Anything immediately outside of the work area, such as pathways and buildings, will also need to be protected with tarps or masking tape.
- Application of Stain - A professional will help you understand the right type of stain and opacity for your needs, as some are more suited for specific wood species and the style you want to achieve. The contractor will use brushes, rollers, sprayers, or a combination of these devices to apply as many coats as are needed for adequate penetration and coverage.
- Drying Time - The contractor will follow the manufacturer's recommendations for the type of stain you've selected and how long it takes to dry. It's critical that the deck is not touched and that the weather is acceptable during the curing step.
Each of these steps can be challenging and tedious, but proper execution is vital to ensure the best result. A dependable deck staining professional listed on Thumbtack will bring the knowledge and skill to complete the job quickly while achieving your desired look and durability.
What is the best weather for staining a deck?
Deck staining is a season-specific home maintenance task and you'll achieve the best results when executing it in suitable weather conditions:
- Temperature - Applying stain to a deck is best when the temperature is moderate, particularly between 50°F and 90°F. Staining under very hot and cold temperatures will affect the application and drying process.
- Humidity - Low to moderate humidity levels are preferred when deck staining, as too much moisture will extend drying times and increase the risk of mildew problems in the future.
- Rain Forecast - Different stains will have directions on how long curing should take, and it's required that it stays dry during this period. Your project's scheduling must take into consideration the rain forecast and preferably be completed 24 to 48 hours before any chance of showers.
Discover a Deck Staining Professional Near Ely, NV on Thumbtack and Obtain the Style and Durability You Envisioned
Deck staining is worthwhile for refreshing its look and providing long-lasting protection from weather and pests that will degrade it over time. A proven contractor will handle the difficult task for you, from prep to application and curing, to make sure it comes out the way you expected.
Hiring a professional is highly recommended if you lack familiarity carrying out deck staining or don’t have time to dedicate to the project. Working with stains requires careful attention to detail to ensure an even application and that it cures appropriately to protect the wood from water, UV rays, and pests. You will also benefit from the knowledge that experts can share when it comes to selecting the right stain for the kind of wood your deck is built with to ensure you get the desired look. While stain cannot offer as many style options as paint, many hues and opacities are still available to help your deck transform into a unique visual element of your home.
Many homeowners struggle with deciding to paint or stain their decks, and both options have their unique advantages. Painting provides better variety of colors and styles and is great for protecting surfaces. The downside is that you’ll need to repaint several times throughout the years as it flakes away under heavy foot traffic and changing weather conditions. On the other hand, stain soaks deep into the wood and has pigments to block harmful UV rays and other chemicals that secure it from mold and insect damage. Stain will also not need reapplication for two to three years so long as it's been properly dried.
Staining a deck requires a practiced hand and careful consideration through every step of the process. Carrying out the task at the wrong time of year or applying it incorrectly will lead to less protection and an inconsistent look. Save time and eliminate the stress of doing it all yourself by hiring an expert who can promise excellent results. Compare staining contractors in Ely, NV and choose the right one suiting your needs and budget easily in one place on the convenient Thumbtack platform.