Find a Pro in Ely, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Nevada // Ely
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all can a residential painter do?
A few of the services an expert painter typically performs include:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to find the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your certified expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and can handle this prep work before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they find things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your service could then direct you towards reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Most painters are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring a professional painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the common rate per hour for most painters?
Normally, a painting contractor's cost of services ranges from $22 to $43 per hour, not counting taxes or product included.
Keep in mind that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor hourly. That's only the labor. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself is not added in that price.
Is it a smart idea to prioritize interior painting for my house?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your House: A good paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It will also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its listing price. Even if you are not planning on listing your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that really pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your interior in the past few years and have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, many people are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you go with, the right paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted strengthens your house now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components that easily retain moisture. Over time, too much absorption will result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health dangers. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal choice for your household. A fresh application of paint also keeps dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over the years. Getting your house's interior painted removes all cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
At which period of the year are painters typically the least busy?
A major benefit about scheduling during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing home improvement projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
Find a Qualified Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Ely, NV
When you want a good house painter in Ely, NV, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house can improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your residence also brings several useful advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to secure the wood from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that brings together all the important information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in Ely, NV and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.