Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Fernley, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing rather than buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a good practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy way to update their look versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get excellent results when you hire a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive effect in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently will I need to refinish cabinets
One of the best things about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process must be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Fernley, NV have related spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
One Site for All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Fernley, NV Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many homeowners in Fernley, NV have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Fernley, NV with confidence.