Find a pro in Gardnerville, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Nevada // Gardnerville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Gardnerville, NV
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Gardnerville, NV. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.