Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Gerlach, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Nevada // Gerlach
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few positives of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. Some other great benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple project to change their look versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent outcomes when you hire a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets appear as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is this the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features a unique approach and delivers a certain outcome in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently can cabinets be refinished
One of the great advantages with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process must be done again depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to installing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to boost its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Gerlach, Nevada have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Discover a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Gerlach, Nevada
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Gerlach, Nevada have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Gerlach, Nevada with confidence.