Find a Pro in Glenbrook, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Will interior painting give a worthwhile return on investment?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A good paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not planning on listing your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the best returns when factoring in the impact on home value and appeal.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your interior recently and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you select, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted secures your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of components which naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health issues. Paint is designed to keep moisture from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your interior. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: Most houses contain flaws and imperfections. Walls often have scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over time. Having your home's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a vetted painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
At which time of the year are painters generally less occupied?
One of the biggest selling points to scheduling within the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painting professionals have the availability.
Accordingly, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically do in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the recommended interval for repainting the outside of a home?
Cracked and chipped paint are some glaring things to watch out for, but there are also some less obvious things that can create issues as well. Exterior painting is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set time to repaint, because every house is different. A lot of experts say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years, depending on other variables such as where you live, climate, and the previous paint job.
After buying a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try and find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The type of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its longevity. It may be beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your home was painted on a bright or cloudy day can change how well the paint dried.
What are some services I can expect my professional painting contractor to offer?
Here is what an expert painter can help with:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your vetted expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of this prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Damages: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they discover anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces need to be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your painter may then recommend dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Most painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting a professional painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Expert Home Painting Contractors Serving Near Glenbrook, Nevada
When you want a good residential painter in Glenbrook, Nevada, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is a smart choice to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home can improve your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also offers plenty of practical benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your property inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple site that compiles all the relevant information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Glenbrook, Nevada and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.