Find a Cabinet Painter in Henderson, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will it matter which kind of paint I pick for my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used for walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint typically used for interior walls will encounter some challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their sleek aesthetic. Common wall paints might not stick properly to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates longer time to dry and cure than those usually applied to walls.
How can I determine if I've picked the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the most suitable one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to start is by knowing precisely what style you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their past work similar to your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Dependable contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any professional you consider gives written statements of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project has started that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reputation by evaluating their online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers for view online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is the challenging prep phase a necessity prior to painting all cabinets?
It's may be enticing to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its hardware, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than expected.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many things that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. Around Henderson, Nevada, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Henderson, Nevada to Bring Your Vision to Life
A smart way to increase the appeal of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and provide an updated look that will match your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter in Henderson, Nevada varies, but some homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, aspects such as the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your current cabinets may be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
While searching for the best cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be willing to share their history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all important information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Henderson, Nevada easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.