Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Incline Village, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits should I look forward to by choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a smart practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and stress-free way to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What is the difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and offers a certain outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often could cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the project must be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to installing new models?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
People in Incline Village, Nevada have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Hire a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Incline Village, Nevada
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Incline Village, Nevada have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Incline Village, Nevada with confidence.