Find a pro in Lamoille, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Nevada // Lamoille
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Lamoille, Nevada
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Lamoille, Nevada. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.