Find a Cabinet Painter in Lamoille, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Nevada // Lamoille
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be limited by the type of paint I can put on my cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint typically used for home walls will face some challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that elegant appearance. Typical wall paints will not stick sufficiently to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint contractors choose for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires longer time to dry and cure than those typically used on walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my project?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to find the most suitable one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of effort. A good place to focus on is by knowing exactly what style you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their previous work similar to your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Dependable contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget worked out when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any painter you consider provides documentation of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for any surprises to occur after the project begins that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by assessing any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers available online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Can I just paint over my kitchen cabinets?
It's always tempting to quickly begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt and grime are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products that contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach any places that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in many cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake off and require repainting sooner than expected.
How much will it cost to paint my present cabinets?
There are several factors that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Lamoille, NV, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first seek out quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project completed.
You'll want to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Discover a Cabinet Painter in Lamoille, NV Who Will Bring Your Vision to Life
A smart way to increase the value of your property and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and provide a new look that will suit your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Lamoille, NV varies, but some customers still report spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors like the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your current cabinets might be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should analyze their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be happy to share a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Locate all important information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Lamoille, NV confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.