Find a Pro in Reno, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What does it usually cost in labor to paint the inside of a home?
The price to paint the interior of your residence is dependant on the square footage of the room. One 300-square-foot space will be much more low-cost than an entire home, especially a big one.
On average, expect to spend between $3 and $7 per square foot when hiring a nearby professional to paint the interior of your residence. You'll spend less if you paint the house yourself or reside in an area with low labor rates. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
What is the best interval for repainting the outer walls of a residence?
Chipped and cracked paint are some evident things to watch out for; however, there are also some less evident things that can create problems as well. Exterior painting can be an extensive job, so it's always a good idea to hire expert painters.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeline to repaint, since every home is different. A lot of professionals say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you're located, weather, and the previous paint job.
After buying a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try and find out, since having in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The type of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all impact its lifespan. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the home was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can change how well the paint dries.
What are the services I should expect my professional painting contractor to give?
Here are examples of what a professional painter will assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your vetted expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and can handle the prep stage before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painter prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be remediated before the project can begin, of course. Your painter could then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the usual hourly rate charged by painters?
The average painter's price on services ranges between $22 to $43 per hour, not counting tax or overhead included.
Remember that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor hourly. Accordingly, that price does not reflect the addition of insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself.
Vetted Residential Painters Serving Near Reno, Nevada
When you're searching for a good residential painter near Reno, Nevada, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is a smart option to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home works to enhance your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your residence also provides many practical benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a range of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that brings together all the necessary information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in Reno, Nevada and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.