Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Alexander, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // New York // Alexander
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets instead of install new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy method to change their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get high-quality outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I've heard of refacing cabinets - is this the same as refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are big differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features a unique approach and delivers a certain effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a suggested number of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the great things with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be repeated depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
How should I know if cabinet refinishing is a good idea to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Alexander, NY have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Discover The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Alexander, NY
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Alexander, NY have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Alexander, NY with confidence.