Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Ashland, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages can I look forward to by choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a good way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy way to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get excellent outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What are the distinctions of cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and delivers a distinctive result in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long do cabinets that have been refinished survive
One of the best things with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be repeated is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing a wise investment for the look of my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People of Ashland, NY have related spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
One Platform Containing All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Ashland, NY With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Ashland, NY have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Ashland, NY with confidence.