Find a Pro in Ashland, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Will interior painting give an adequate return on investment?
The short answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Home: A great paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It will also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not considering selling your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the best returns when factoring in the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your interior in the past few years or have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you choose, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted protects your residence now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are constructed of materials that easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption will lead to degraded walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint is designed to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your property.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints now are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your home. A fresh application of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over the years. Getting your home's interior painted hides most cosmetic issues and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint put on by a professional contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
When do painters experience the slowest business season?
One of the biggest selling points about scheduling during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing projects, so painters are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How often should I paint the outside of my house?
There are some glaring things to watch out for, like chipped or cracked paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can create problems as well. Exterior painting is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to book professional painters.
Because every property differs from one another, there is no set timeline to apply another coat, which makes this more difficult for homeowners. Most professionals express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, based on other variables such as where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
After buying a house, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try to find out, since having detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The kind of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its durability. It's also helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether your house was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dried.
What services are under the domain of a residential painter?
Here is what a professional painter will help with:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to choose the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can handle the prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they see things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues must be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional might then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Professional painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing a high-quality painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Vetted House Painting Contractors Serving in Ashland, New York
When you're searching for a dependable house painter in Ashland, New York, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your home is a great option to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that delivers a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home works to enhance your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also provides many useful advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a host of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that brings together all the relevant information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of professional painters in Ashland, New York and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.