Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Athens, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing compared to installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a great way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple method to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get professional outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Is there a distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has a unique approach and imparts a certain effect in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often do I need to refinish cabinets
One of the best benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be followed up depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How do I determine if cabinet refinishing is a good choice to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
People of Athens, New York have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
One Site Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Athens, New York Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several homeowners in Athens, New York have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Athens, New York with confidence.