Find a Pro in Atlanta, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What will expert painters charge by the hour?
Normally, a painter's cost of labor ranges between $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter per hour. Therefore, it does not include the cost of insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
What are the benefits of choosing interior painting?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your House: A good paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your home in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that truly pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you have not painted your home recently or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you choose, the right paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted strengthens your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of materials which easily retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint is designed to keep moisture from getting through the porous walls of your residence.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints currently are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your household. A fresh application of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Great: Most residences contain flaws and imperfections. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your home over time. Having your house's interior painted hides most imperfections and will make your home look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What is the slowest season of year for painting contractors?
One of the biggest selling points to booking within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting professionals have more open spots in their schedules.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
What's the average expenditure on labor while painting the interior of a house?
The price to paint the interior of your home is dependant on the square footage of the room. One 300-square-foot area will be much more economical than an entire residence, especially a spacious one.
You can expect to pay between $3 to $7 per square foot when enlisting a nearby professional to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the house yourself or reside in a location with low labor rates. However, certain factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
Dependable Home Painting Contractors Near Near Atlanta, New York
When you require a reliable residential painter near Atlanta, New York, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent way to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house works to elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer great suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also supplies many useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your house inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly tool that compiles all the necessary information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of vetted painters in Atlanta, New York and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.