Find a pro in Basom, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Basom, New York. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Basom, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Basom, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.