Find a Pro in Bergen, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a good choice to prioritize interior painting for my property?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A good paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even over listing price. Even if you are not considering selling your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your residence that really pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your interior recently or have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Additionally, many people are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you pick, the right paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted strengthens your property now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of materials that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, too much absorption can lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health dangers. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best choice for your home. A fresh coat of paint also limits dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most residences contain flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over time. Getting your home's interior painted removes all imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your residence.
When will painters see the slowest business demand?
One of the biggest advantages about scheduling during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from doing projects, so painting companies have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
There are a few evident things to keep an eye out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems as well. Exterior painting is a pretty big project, so it's never a bad idea to hire expert painters.
What makes this hard for homeowners is there is no set deadline to repaint, since every property is different. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try and find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The variety of paint utilized, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all affect its durability. It could be helpful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a bright or overcast day can affect how well the paint dried.
What array of services can a residential painter do?
Some of the services an expert painter usually performs include:
- Pick Colors: If you're struggling to pick the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your hired painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and can handle this prep stage before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painting service preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they see things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be remediated before the project can commence, of course. Your service may then suggest other reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Experienced painters are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring an expert painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Professional House Painting Contractors in in Bergen, NY
When you want a good house painter in Bergen, NY, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent option to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a big ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home works to improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also offers plenty of practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to protect the wood from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that organizes all the important information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Bergen, NY and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.