Find a Pro in Breezy Point, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are important when choosing the exterior paint color for your residential property?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's relatively affordable to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when selecting a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should flow with the overall look you're going for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make the place your own, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are tasteful shades that have the ability to give you a contented feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the rest, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will normally give you a superior result than you could attain by yourself. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you have the materials and knowledge to perform the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to fix flaws, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to perform the project as skillfully as possible. The training they've gained from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should hire a painter to do it all. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or providing less-than-optimal results.
What actions are involved in getting a house ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers the best results when it's done with close attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the skills, materials, and methods to conduct the project with outstanding workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking precautions that let the paint stay and look great for many years. These are certain steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a clear area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is a great way to wash it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work with a smooth surface.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a streamlined result.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint stay.
How costly is it to undertake an exterior painting project for a home?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can result in higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and provide you with an accurate estimate for the costs you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services in Breezy Point, New York
Begin your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Breezy Point, New York. If your home needs some new paint, you can find a contractor with the qualifications and experience to provide outstanding services. You can improve your property's aesthetic with a fresh pop of color that offers a durable barrier preventing damage simultaneously. By hiring a professional to handle the project, you're making sure it will meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can efficiently search for professionals, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can check out pictures from previous exterior painting projects to get a better idea of what they can provide. Look through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you download our free platform. It's streamlined and hassle-free to use for anyone to pick the best professional for the project in their area. You can also send direct messages, receive a quote, and set up a consultation all in one app.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painter who can give you helpful tips and help you come up with an attractive color arrangement. Having a freshly painted home can increase your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from several local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver exceptional craftsmanship. Get outstanding results by using our home management platform and get in touch with an experienced exterior painting contractor to take care of the entire process with close attention to detail.